In order to adhere to Jefferson County's mask mandate, face coverings are required while on campus and for all worship services.
Thank you for helping us gather as safely as possible! Please familiarize yourself with the worship guidelines below.
Here’s what you can expect:
- In-person gatherings will be limited to 120 people in the sanctuary.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes early.
- A volunteer will greet you at the door and open it for you.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the doors and throughout the building. Facilities will be sanitized in between worship services.
- Pastors and other worship leaders will wear a mask when interacting with people and distributing Holy Communion, but may not wear a mask when leading worship.
- Some church pews will be blocked off to encourage social distancing.
- Church pews will be devoid of all paper, envelopes, and pens.
- We will not pass the offering plate. Instead, offering boxes will be available for the collection of offerings. For your convenience, there will also be envelopes by these boxes.
- During Holy Communion, one pastor will offer you the bread; the other will offer the wine. There will be individual cups only, spaced out on the tray. Please only touch the cup you’re taking. When receiving the body, please hold your hand palm-side up and the pastor will drop the wafer into your palm.
- There will be no fellowship time, Bible studies, or youth group meetings on Sunday mornings. Kids! Incorporated will meet during all Sunday morning worship services.
- The nursery will remain closed.
- We will refrain from shaking hands or hugging, but big smiles and waves are certainly encouraged!
- Please register for in-person gatherings. If you are unable to register online, please call 636.464.0096 and leave a message. Someone will call you back to help you register.
- St. John's is requiring the wearing of masks while on campus. If you have one, please bring it. If not, we're happy to provide one!
- While on campus, please adhere to social distancing standards, allowing no less than six feet between you/your family and others. Although difficult, please also refrain from touching others not within your group.
- When picking a seat in the sanctuary, we ask that you leave at least six feet in between yourself/your family and the next person/family. Please do not sit in roped-off pews.
- Because we need time to properly sanitize the facilities in between services, we ask that you refrain from loitering on the premises.
- If you’re not feeling well the day of the in-person gathering, please stay home.
- We understand and fully support personal comfort levels and discretion when deciding whether or not to participate in in-person gatherings.
- Worship services will continue to be available online for those who are uncomfortable or compromised. The worship services on Sunday at 7:45 and 9:30 am will be live-streamed. After that, a recording of that service will be available on this website.