The History of St. John's Lutheran
St. John's Lutheran Church was formed in 1848. J. Michael Johannes served as St. John's first Pastor. He was installed on June 4, 1848. In that same year, a log church and parsonage were built on donated land.
Then, in 1882, the log church was renovated and enlarged. The church purchased its first organ in 1885 and a farmer donated a log house to be used as a school building in 1888.
In 1929, the cornerstone for a new church (now called Founders' Hall) was laid. At this time, the congregation had expanded to 300 communicant members.
In 1997, St. John's expanded by enlarging the narthex, installing an elevator, constructing meeting rooms in the basement, and providing additional rest rooms.
In 2005, a 605-seat sanctuary was built. At this time, St. John's also added church offices and additional classrooms.
St. John's will celebrate its 175th anniversary in October, 2023.